Friday, May 4, 2007

14 Sept. 1951

Livvie, So you have found some letter in my pocket, have you, my snoopy girl, some scrap of paper with a name, and just like that you make up your mind that I am some tom cat prawling around, with kitties in heat miauing for me wherever I go. Let me tell you something my darling I am in New York to sell a _painting_ so we maybe can have something to eat besides spaghetti and pay the landlord man, not to hunt for ladies. Mein Gott I have enough ladies as it is with you and Doro I do not need one more. Maybe it amuses you to think I have other woman, or perhaps you find it a little kitzelnd, my dirty girl? Very naughty of you, we will have to see what we can think of in the way of a punishment. Does my dirty girl need a spanking maybe?

So if I can meet this man who says he will buy the stillife I will come home tomorrow if not I will stay to Monday, for this other man in East Village says he might take something of mine, maybe, maybe not, that is the way it is in this business, so ist nun mal des Leben. If I am lucky I bring a bottle of Chianti home, how would my dirty girl like that? I ran into Lise in Soho this morning, no yesterday morning, she ask how you are. The goiter on her neck looks worse, so you know I am safe with her, at least! We will have to make sure every woman I meet has a big mole or goiter or Lippenspalte so my darling can rest easy at night!

Wish me luck, my Livviechen. I kiss you everywhere.

Alf

No comments: